Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Blog Julio Severo terminated?

Blog Julio Severo terminated?

By Julio Severo
Yesterday, when I came from grocery, I was surprised: my email account was totally blocked. Immediately, I delivered myself and my ministry into God’s hands.
In few minutes, I began to receive calls from friends warning that my blog had been shut down. When I entered my blog to verify, I came across this message: “This blog was removed. We are sorry, blog lastdayswatchman.blogspot.com was removed.”
Immediately, I tried to make contact with Google to unblock my email account and my blog, and Google gave me this message: “Account has been disabled. If you've been redirected to this page from the sign-in page, it means that access to your Google Account has been disabled. In most cases, accounts are disabled because of a perceived violation of either the Google Terms of Service…”
With no notice, Google removed my English, Portuguese, Spanish, German and homeschool blogs on October 4, 2011.
The pressure from internet users was fast, with many spreading and complaining. After two hours of shutdown and with no notice, Google restored my blogs and accounts.
What is happening? I do not know. Also, the automatic system of email subscription of my blog and its feed seem under blockage in the last 10 days.
In 2007, under pressure from a systematic hate campaign by gay activists, Blog Julio Severo was shut down by Google. When a state attorney in Brasília called Google asking the reason for the shutdown, the Google lawyer answered that many had contacted it denouncing that Blog Julio Severo promotes hate and violence. Then the attorney explained calmly that he read daily my blog, having never met any incitement to hate and violence.
Besides, prominent Brazilian philosopher Olavo de Carvalho, in his column in the newspaper Jornal do Brasil, denounced the censorship against Blog Julio Severo. After this mobilization which included many other people that called Google, Blog Julio Severo was released from censorship.
Portuguese version of this article: Blog Julio Severo eliminado?

No comments :